When you’re shopping for a new car, it’s important to spend time making sure it’s safe.
First off, you should take a test drive at an authorized Volkswagen dealer in Hyderabad, like PPS Motors, Hyderabad and try on the seat belt to make sure it fits well and is comfortable and try to conduct your test drive in the evening so you can check the visibility provided by the headlights.
Crashworthy systems and devices prevent or reduce the severity of injuries when a crash is imminent or happening. There are some other features available too that protect the passenger from an unwanted situation. These features of the car save the passengers at any unwanted situations. While we suggest you visit your nearest Volkswagen dealer in Hyderabad, we’ve also listed down the features you should consider before buying your car.
- Seat Belts: Seatbelts limit the forward motion of an occupant, stretch to absorb energy, to lengthen the time of the occupant’s negative acceleration in a crash, reducing the loading on the occupants’ body. In the event of a crash, seat belts are designed to keep you inside the vehicle. They also reduce the risk that you will collide with the steering wheel, dashboard, or windshield. New seat belt designs have the following additional features that improve seat belt performance.
- Air Bags: Airbags inflate to cushion the impact of a vehicle occupant with various parts of the vehicle’s interior. The most important being the prevention of direct impact of the driver’s head with the steering wheel and door pillar. Depending on the speed at impact and the stiffness of the object struck, front air bags inflate to prevent occupants from hitting the dashboard, steering wheel, and windshield.
- All-Wheel Drive: All-wheel drive distributes power to both front and rear wheels to maximize traction. Unless combined with traction control, all-wheel drive systems do not prevent the drive wheels from slipping when you apply excess power during acceleration.
- Electronic Stability Control: Electronic stability control (which is offered under various trade names) is designed to assist drivers in maintaining control of their vehicles during extreme steering maneuvers. It is intended to reduce the occurrence of crashes in which vehicles veer off the road and strike curbs, soft shoulders, guard rails and other objects that initiate rollovers. However, it can’t keep a vehicle on the road if its speed is simply too great for the curve and the available traction.
- Antilock Brake System: An antilock brake system (ABS) prevents a vehicle’s wheels from locking during “panic” braking, which allows the driver to maintain greater steering control — a key factor in avoiding a collision. However, an ABS does not guarantee your ability to avoid a crash.
- Traction Control: Traction control systems improve vehicle stability by controlling the amount the drive wheels can slip when you apply excess power. The system automatically adjusts the engine power output and, in some systems, applies braking force to selected wheels during acceleration.
These tools protect the passenger in difficult time so one should keep them up to date. It is suggested that one should service their car accessories at every 3 months of the interval at an authorized Volkswagen service center in Hyderabad. Regular service to your car accessories will result in a long life of the car.