If you are a severe driver, you might be shocked at how severe driving can adversely affect your car. As time goes, things change depending on the way we use our cars, how we drive them and the state of roads we use. Despite the fact normal driving is considered as steady driving in favorable, non-extreme weather or environments, for most drivers today, being a severe driver is more the rule than the exception. Usually severe driving includes frequent idling for long periods of time.
Before we run you through the effects of severe driving, here is a piece of advice for you. If you are facing any long term issues with your Volkswagen or you want to give it for a general service with best 100% qualitative results, visit PPS Motors in Khajaguda, Hyderabad as it is the best and authorised Volkswagen service center in Hyderabad.
However, anytime if you are confused when you should change engine oil or air filter for your car, it’s always advisable to follow the owner’s manual as it is your car’s bible. Read the authoritative document carefully attached by the automaker. Manuals are definite to each model, providing particulars about the car that the manufacturer knows best.
Well, now we quickly have a look at the things include in severe driving. Below is the list:
- Stop-and-go traffic
- Short commutes
- Driving in extremely hot or cold weathers
- Tough or mountainous roads
- Dirty, muddy or salty environments
- Heftier loads: cargo, passenger or towing a trailer
While most driving is considered severe based on the definition, controlling the amount of wear and tear on your car, and enhancing fuel efficiency, can be realized in a few easy steps. With proper maintenance and repairs, your vehicle will be in a good condition and perform safely, dependably and efficiently for many years to come.
What all are those few easy steps which reduces the effects of severe driving on vehicles? Read the below.
- Strictly follow the regular service schedule in your owner’s manual
- Examine fluids, including oil, and filters more regularly
- Check certain components such as brakes and shocks inspected more frequently
- Keep an eye on the speed limit. Gas mileage reduces rapidly above 60 mph.
- Dodge quick starts and stops. Aggressive driving can lower gas mileage.
- Don’t put unwanted items in the trunk as extra weight will decrease fuel efficiency.
- Always make sure your car is tuned perfectly to improve gas mileage.
So, it’s your turn to take proper actions as mentioned above to reduce the effects of severe driving. In case if you are looking for the best Volkswagen service center in Hyderabad, take an appointment before you walk into PPS Motors.